Where To Begin...

I've decided to start this blog about fostering mostly because I like to write. Even more than that I want to write about the joys of fostering in hopes of overshadowing the pain. I will still talk about the pain though, because it's real and it's always there and it's fundamental to who we are as a foster family. 
Those of you who know me know that I'm not a big talker. I do like having one on one conversations with people in general. But I am surrounded by people who actually enjoy doing the talking (and y'all know who you are) and so I'm content with being a good listener. There is SO much to talk about right now, so much crazy to share. Like loads and loads of it. 
Being a foster mom wars against my introverted personality in a way that I cannot even put into words. Words that do come to mind though are words like wounded and threatened and broken and scared...and let's not forget inadequate. I'm going to leave it at that for now but tonight as I sit in our room at the Ronald McDonald House I thank God for the grace He extends to my family daily. Our most recent foster, this baby with all of her medical issues and a story that few can imagine, has brought indescribable joy to our lives. The adoration that I feel for her is the most precious glimpse of what I know God feels for me and for you. 
But if I'm honest in this moment in time, loving her so intensely grips my heart with a fear of the unknown. The fear that I might have to give her up. My family might have to say goodbye again to a child that we have loved like our own. This baby might be taken away from the only home she has ever known. She thinks I am her mommy. I cannot describe how deeply I am affected by this. She has bonded with me and my family and right now we are the mommy and the daddy and the siblings that love and care for her on a daily basis. We have spent weeks with her in the hospital, some days wondering if she would even survive. All of the possible outcomes that we might face have me shaken to the core like never before. So tonight as I go to sleep I do the only thing I know to do: I pray to my God and Father that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. 
There's so much more to share and I will. I hope this is the start of something that will touch people with the love of God. And for my family we are beyond blessed to show that love to these sweet children who need us, however long that might be. 
For those of you who are not familiar with me and my family here is a link to an article I wrote that was published on author Michelle Madrid-Branch's website. It's the story of how we got started as a foster family and why we chose this insane journey. 
http://michellemadridbranch.com/fostering-a-calling-from-god/



Comments

  1. The link I shared will have to be copied and pasted until I figure out how to post it right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hospital Life

Marked for Life